Her 1st Year Birthday Celebration

Her 1st Year Birthday Celebration

Happy National Day Brunei

Wednesday, 23 February 2011


Today, my beloved country, Brunei is celebrating its 27th National Day. On this day, there is a big gathering of all the civil servants, private companies and students in the city of Brunei, Bandar Seri Begawan. Everyone is dressed up in their special uniforms, parading in front of our beloved ruler, the Sultan. I remember in my childhood, i was part of the Girl Guide Association and took part in the National Day parade.

After so long not being part of the parade, two years ago, i decided to join the line up again with my colleagues from Universiti Brunei Darussalam. It was hard work because of all the rehearsals that we have to attend. It was quite fun because they taught us simple dances and to be performed infront of the Sultan on the National day. I really missed those times so much!!

Below is the closest photo of me being patriotic for our country.  It is a photo of me with some of my Brunei friends here in Brisbane with our national flag in the background. Though we are far from our Brunei land, we are always close at heart. Happy 27th National Day to all Bruneians and to all friends and family in Brunei, enjoy your holiday today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment