Her 1st Year Birthday Celebration

Her 1st Year Birthday Celebration

Kangaroo Cuddle

Sunday, 18 July 2010


It is age of day 11 for Princess Rania. Today, I have done something really special during my visit to see Rania. I was given the chance to hold her in my arm and have some skin to skin contact. Rania was kept warm using a blanket. She was very calm and slept throughout the cuddle. It was the most wonderful feeling ever. Hubby was there too and able to give her some daddy's first kisses. For the first time, we can smell her. I held her in my arms for almost 2 hrs.The nurses mentioned that she was loving the 'kangaroo cuddle' very much as her oxygen and heart rate level was stabilizing. Another good news is that her milk feed has been increased from 4mls to 5mls for every 3 hrs. Mummy's lil' girl will grow bigger in no time!

During our night visit, Princess Rania was due for her bath which will be done every two days. She was a little uncomfortable when the nurse was doing her care. Hubby and I tried to comfort her by singing her a couple of lullabys, she became a bit calm. The nurse said that she can actualy recognize our voices. Hubby also help out with the feed.

Tonight, hubby's leaving for Brunei because he needs to continue his work. I know what is on his mind at the moment, it is going to be hard for him to leave his little princess. But he said that he'll be coming back soon. Just not sure when it is going to be. Rania's daddy, we'll miss you loads and don't worry, will keep on updating on lil Rania's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment