Her 1st Year Birthday Celebration

Her 1st Year Birthday Celebration

Hoping For a Miracle

Friday, 25th June 2010

I write on my wife's behalf due to her current medical situation and limited access to internet.

My wife is presently an inpatient under the care of the obstetric team under the maternity ward at the Royal Brisbane Woman Hospital (RBWH) in Brisbane, Australia. She was admitted on the Friday, 18th June 2010 at around 1.30am (Brunei time 11.30pm) that is after when, out of the blue, her water leaked.

When i heard about the news, I was really devastated, i couldn't sleep the whole night. On that same day, i was determined that i must be onboard the next flight to Brisbane and luckily there were few empty seats available and i did get onboard that very next flight!! It was the scariest 6 hours flight in my whole life - i didn't know what to expect. Upon arrival in Brisbane, i went straight to the hospital. My wife was not in labour but the doctor didn't give her much hope either. I was worried. It was mixture of feelings. I was happy at the same time, wife and baby were both healthy. One thing for certain is that she had to be on "bed rest" at the hospital for as long as she can, until labour. I had to be close to her at all times, giving all the support i could give!! The good thing is that the water seems to be slowly healing itself over time.

The midwives are continuously monitoring my wife to make sure there is no infection through blood samples, blood pressure and temperature. It is an important part the prenatal care for the midwives to continuously listen to baby’s heartbeat using the fetal doppler every 3 - 4 hrs for any possible pregnancy complications. Alhamdulillah, there is no sign of infection and the baby is healthy in the womb.

Today, she is 23 weeks 5 days in her pregnancy. Each day brings another level of hope. It is a true blessing from Allah for keeping my wife and baby safe until now. Hopefully Allah will prolong her pregnancy as closest to 40 weeks gestation as possible. Amin! Everyday i pray to Allah, the Almighty to give my wife and baby the strength to get through this... safely & in good health. Because I love my wife and baby!! And also because my wife and I want so badly and love to have a family!!

Thanks to all family and friends for the continuous support and praying for the safety of my wife and baby. We are trying to be positive and hopefully everything will turn out to be fine. Amin Ya Rabbal Alamin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment