Her 1st Year Birthday Celebration

Her 1st Year Birthday Celebration

Ripening Despite Cold Weather

Monday, 17th May 2010

The weather here in Brisbane is getting really cold for the past few days, perhaps at least for a week now. Today alone, the sun only come out for a couple of minutes. I've even started to wear jacket inside the house just to keep myself warm. It was since then that we didn't use the airconditioner. I'm expecting to see a drop in our electricity bill for this month, hopefully. Maybe i guess winter is coming pretty soon.

Despite the cold weather our plants seemed to be growing well. More bushier and definitely more fruits especially our Kalamansi. I know, it sounds funny to me too!! Probably because i'm not used to calling it that, lets just call it what we famously call it in Brunei "Limau Kesturi". As you can see from the photo below, some can even be seen have ripen, you can tell from the colour - yellow means ripe. The tomatoes also show some great progress, as you can see in the picture, it is starting to turn red! Yeay!! I'm still thinking of what best to use it for, maybe it be best used for making tomato sauce together with fried chicken. That is actually my mum's specialty "Ayam Masak Merah". Yumyum!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment