Her 1st Year Birthday Celebration

Her 1st Year Birthday Celebration

Driving Range Frenzy

Saturday, 18 September 2010

I've never actually played or touched any golf club before. Hubby started to trial playing golf at the Victoria Golf Club (5 mins drive away from home) with his KGUV (Kelvin Grove Urban Villagers) mates yesterday. Today, Hubby invited myself and my parents along for a driving range. It is really affordable. We only had to pay for the balls and the club, which is about AUD 16.00 for 100 balls or AUD 10 for 45 balls and about AUD 3.00 to rent a club. Hubby decided to buy 2 used clubs (lost and found items by the company years back) for only AUD 10.00 both. It is worthed!!

Having recently learnt on golf, Hubby tought me on the basic golf grip technique, basic golf stance and the basic golf swing. After a couple of practice, the furthest that I could hit was 75 metres, which is not too bad for a first timer like me. I just wanted to play for the fun of it! Meanwhile, Hubby was playing so seriously that he manage to get a couple of good swings and hit at around 150 metres. After the games, he actually complained of a bit of back pain here and there. Poor Hubby!

What made it more interesting was while we were practicising our swings, a golf cart was making its rounds on the driving range field to collect golf balls. Hubby and i took the opportunity to play on our target and to try on who could hit the golf cart the most with the golf balls! Ha Ha Ha... To my surprise, I manage to hit it three time, while Hubby, none! It was super Fun! I don't mind coming there again!!

1 comment: