Her 1st Year Birthday Celebration

Her 1st Year Birthday Celebration

31 Weeks Gestation

Friday, 13 August 2010

Today, our little Princess Rania is 31 weeks  by gestational age. That is how old in the pregnancy she would have been if she was still in the womb as compared to about 40 weeks if born full-term.

Her breathing has improved. Today is a big day for our little Princess!!! Based on her breathing record, her Dr decided to put her on CPAP today around 8.30am. Her daddy was very happy when i told him over the phone. I can hear him smile on the other side of the phone!! On our visit in the afternoon, i was very pleased to find out she is tolerating this breathing mode very well, which in fact she is very much liking it for the whole day. I've never seen her more comfortable!! This means she is now doing all the breathing on her own (with mimimal support by the breathing machine). The next step should be natural breathing. Its so hard to see our baby with CPAP on!! I really cannot wait for her graduation from CPAP. I know she will eventually grow out of it.

Her feed is now 10mls every 2 hour. I've always been checking on her tummy condition, much to my delight that her tummy is tolerating my milk well. Before we left, i slowly whispered to her ears "Mummy and daddy are very proud of you, Rania", she smiled and just continued sleeping. That will give Mummy a good night sleep!!!

Later at mid night, she was again weighed. I made a call about early morning, around 2am to find out how much she now weighs. I'm one happy mom!! She is now 846g!! She only needs another 154g to reach her next milestone - 1 kg. I really cannot wait!! The baby nurses told me that once she reaches 1 kg, our little Princess Rania will get a special award - A Big STAR!! That star will be hung on top of her bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment