Her 1st Year Birthday Celebration

Her 1st Year Birthday Celebration

CPAP Graduation

Monday, 30 August 2010

My exclusive photo after my CPAP graduation.. Freshly woken up by Mummy visiting.. Miss you Mummy!! :)

Great news!!! Today, little Princess Rania has graduated herself from using CPAP. This is very much a BIG news!!! Now I can see her pretty little face all the time. Plus she's chubbier than ever before.

I just knew there was something happening today because i realised something was different in my morning visit. When i arrived, Sister Jo, the baby nurse was happy to see me and greeted me loudly, which was rather unusual. She smiled and asked if i wanted to hear the good news?? I smiled back at her and delightedly said yes. She said little princess already had her CPAP removed completely!! This is not just a good new, this is a FANTASTIC news!! She was doing great!! During her feed, her oxygen saturation was almost a 100% most of the time. Sister Jo said that little Rania is trying to show off that she can breathe on her own now.. Hehe. So Cute!!

Dr. Adam, being a cautious kind of person he is, finally decided to take her CPAP off completely, although i knew little Princess was ready way back. I completely understand that Dr Adam just wanted to be sure little Princess was completely ready rather than having to come back on CPAP again. That could actually happen and has happened to other premature babies. I was feeling a bit nervous at the begining because i wasn't sure how she would cope up with it. But during the night visit, she was still doing good without CPAP. That is a good indication that she doesn't need them anymore. Yippie!! Rania's Daddy was really excited with the news too. He is really excited and looking forward to see little Rania proceed to the next big thing, natural breastfeeding!!

Her feed is currently 18mls every 2 hours!!. Her current weight s now 1218g!! For someone her size, that is a BIG achievement, 125% more than her original birth weight!!! I'm really happy to see her development going uphill!!

No comments:

Post a Comment