Her 1st Year Birthday Celebration

Her 1st Year Birthday Celebration

Weekend Update

Sunday, 29 August 2010

It has been a while since my last post. I have been so pre-occupied with my PhD's three months review and making time for my little Princess. I hardly had the time to update anything on the blog. I was even hardly at home!!

Not to worry because little Princess is doing very well day by day. She has shown a very promising development!! My guess is that she is trying to prove that she is a very good girl, knowing her Daddy is coming over to visit her next week!!

I spent most of the Saturday and Sunday at the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit looking after my baby girl. The baby nurses were kind enough to let me do their jobs. It felt as if i was a part time baby nurse, the only difference is i am looking after my own baby. It is a good time to catch up with her since i'm not always around her. Little Princess is doing very well without once her oxygen had desaturated, which is a good sign!! Because she was doing so well, i was able to do her wash, do her feeds, change her dipers, tidy up of her clothes, books and boxes as well as clean up her cot.

However much i spent time with her, i just couldn't have enough. It was tiring but worth the time!! I was again reminded that her trial without CPAP could happen Monday next week. I'm really excited and cannot wait for that to happen!! Because that can only mean that she is closer to going home. I was also told that she would be transfered to an open cot when she weighs between 1600g up to 1800g.  Her weight is now 1154g.

She is one strong baby now!! I am very much too excited to bring her back home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment